MIG Travel is a privately owned company established and registered at the Swiss Chamber of Commerce under number
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: +41 (0) 78 780 10 01
In this document, “we”, “our”, or “us” refer to MIG Travel.
MIG Travel takes the protection of your private personal information seriously and protects your personal privacy during processing in accordance with the applicable data protection regulations.
We have ensured that our staff that access and process our customer’s personal information are well informed and bound to maintain the confidentiality and security of your personal information.
If you do not agree with this policy, do not access or use our services or interact with any other aspect of our business.
Your privacy is important to us, and so is being transparent about how we collect, use, and share information about you. This policy is intended to help you understand:
- What information do we collect about you
- When do we collect information
- How do we use your information
- How do we share the information we collect
- How do we store and secure the information we collect
- How to access and control your information
- Other important privacy information
What information do we collect about you
When submitting a quote request, ordering service, or registering on our customer account, you will be asked to enter the following personal information:
- your name;
- company name (where applicable);
- email address;
- phone number;
- bank details;
- IP address;
- device ID;
- data provided by cookies and other similar technologies;
- functional data such as registration and account data;
- usage data, such as activity information;
- marketing communication preferences and
- your use of the MIG Travel service (including information observed, derived, or inferred by MIG Travel).
MIG Travel will process your personal information only as it is necessary for the establishment, implementation, development, or modification of agreements on the use of MIG Travel services or for individual management services. Any processing beyond this will take place only if the user has expressly agreed to this.
For example, if you subscribed to the MIG Travel newsletter, MIG Travel will process your information in order to send the newsletter.
With the aim of continuous improvement and development of the MIG Travel services, MIG Travel uses analytical tools to obtain information such as the websites visited by the user, the length of stay, through which channels our services were accessed, the name of the accessed website, downloaded files, the date and time of the access, the browser used, etc.
The retention period for personal information We retain your personal information only for the following reasons:
- to provide you with the services you have requested
- to comply with other laws, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities;
- to support a claim or defense in court.
We retain your personal information on our systems for 7 years in line with our regulatory requirements.
Regarding the customer account which requires personal information, we will retain your personal information as long as your account is active.
You have the opportunity to update or delete your personal information at any point you want and details are set out in this policy on how to do that.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you place a quote request by completing our price inquiry form, an order for service, or entering information on our website.
Through our service, MIG Travel collects certain personal information, as follows:
- Information customers provide to us: You may provide personal information to us through the services, for example, when you send us a service quote request, use the services to send emails or other communications, contact customer support, send us an email, or communicate with us in any other way. If you purchase our service, you may also need to provide us with the booking person’s name and email address, the lead passenger’s name and phone, address and location,
flight or ship details, and payment and billing information such as the billing address. MIG Travel maintains a record of your purchases, transactional information, services history and usage, and any communications and responses. We may also collect personal information, such as your contact information, job details, and feedback, when you use our service, take part in surveys, or through other business or marketing interactions, we may have with you.When you contact us, whether by telephone, through our websites, or by email, we collect the information you have given to us in order to reply with the information you need.We record your request and our reply in order to increase the efficiency of our business.
We keep personally identifiable information associated with your messages, such as your name and email address so as to be able to track our communications with you to provide a high-quality service.
- Information we collect automatically through the services: When you use our services, we may collect certain information automatically about your device and your use of the services. This will include IP addresses, browser types, log files, and other information regarding your system and connection. We collect information about how you access and use the services, such as what pages are viewed and what portions of the services are used. This information allows us to improve the content and operation of the services, and facilitate research and analysis of the services.
- Information we collect from other sources: From time to time, we may receive personal information about you from third-party sources (including public databases, our joint marketing partners, and social media platforms), but only where we have checked that these third-parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us. The types of personal information we collect from third parties include name, title, company name, job function, expertise, telephone number, or email address and we use the information we receive from these third parties to improve the services, the accuracy of the records we hold about you and relevant marketing and other offers.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you make an inquiry, make a purchase, sign up for our updates and marketing, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- to allow us to service you in responding to your customer service requests
- to administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other site feature
- to process your transactions
- to follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email, or phone inquiries)
How do we share the information we collect
Information about you is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling it to others. MIG Travel will pass personal information to third parties only for the purpose of contract fulfillment or with your consent. In particular, this includes MIG Travel passing on the information to the extent required, to transportation service providers who are to perform the transportation. Partners, who provide technical fulfillment of certain MIG Travel services, may receive certain information within information processing arrangements. In such instances, the information transmitted will be restricted to the minimum necessary. Personal information will be disclosed to state institutions and authorities only if required by law.
Business transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing MIG Travel Privacy Policies (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise).
Service providers: We work with third-party service providers to provide website and application development, hosting, maintenance, backup, storage, virtual infrastructure, payment processing, analysis, and other services for us, which may require them to access or use information about you. If a service provider needs to access information about you to perform services on our behalf, they do so under close instruction from us, including policies and procedures designed to protect your information.
MIG Travel’s partners: We work with third parties who provide consulting, sales, and technical services to deliver and implement customer solutions around the services. We may share your information with these third parties in connection with their services, such as assisting with billing and collections, providing localized support, and providing customizations. We may also share information with these third parties where you have agreed to that sharing.
With your consent: We share information about you with third parties when you give us consent to do so. For example, we often display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our public websites. With your consent, we may post your name alongside the testimonial.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Legitimate uses of your personal information
MIG Travel uses the following bases for legitimate uses of your personal information:
- Information we process when we have a contractual obligation to you and when it is necessary to perform a contract with you
When you buy a service from us or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us. In order to carry out our obligations under that contract, we must process the information you give us. Some of this information may be personal information. We process your information on the basis of a contract between us. We may use it in order to:
- verify your identity for security purposes;
- sell our service to you;
- provide you with our service;
- provide you with suggestions and advice on products and services, and how to obtain the most from using our website.
- We will continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
We may process your personal information before we enter into a contract when it is necessary for the performance of the contract. For example, we will send you the offer reminders to ensure you have received our offer if we don’t hear from you.
- Information we process with your consent
You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing us by email at: [email protected]
However, if you do so, you may not be able to use our website or our services properly.
- Information we process for the purposes of legitimate interests
We may process your personal information on the basis of legitimate interests. For instance, we may ask for your feedback after we provide you with a service, in order to improve the customer experience or grow our services. When we process your personal information on this basis, we do so after having given careful consideration to:
- whether the same objective could be achieved through other means,
- whether processing (or not processing) might cause you harm,
- whether you would expect us to process your information, and whether you would, in the round, consider it reasonable to do so.
For example, we may process your information for the purposes of:
- record-keeping for the proper and necessary administration of our business,
- responding to unsolicited communication from you to which we believe you would expect a response,
- protecting and asserting the legal rights of any party,
- insuring against or obtaining professional advice that is required to manage business risk,
- protecting your interests where we believe we have a duty to do so,
- growing and improving our services.
- Information we process because we have a legal obligation
We are subject to the law like everyone else. Sometimes, we must process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation.For example, we may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorization such as a search warrant or court order. This may include your personal information.
If the basis on which we process your personal information is no longer relevant then we will immediately stop processing your information.
If the basis changes then if required by law we will notify you of the change and of any new basis under which we can continue to process your information.
How do we store and secure the information we collect
MIG Travel constantly strives to use all appropriate technical and organizational measures to process personal information in such a way that they are safe and, above all, cannot be accessed by unauthorized persons. In this respect, MIG Travel expressly points out that when communicating by email, complete data security cannot be ensured.
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security problems and vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our sites as safe as possible.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order, enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All interactions with our services use the Transport Layer Security/Secure Sockets Layer (TLS/SSL) protocol. We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any information you give us. Whenever information is transferred between us, you can check that it is done so using SSL, by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust marks in your browser’s URL bar or toolbar.
Where is your personal information stored?
The personal information that we collect from you as a data processor is stored inside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) on ISO 27001 accredited hosting services. As a data processor, all of the customer information provided by you is stored inside the EEA on secure password-encrypted servers. Should your personal information be processed by any of our GDPR-compliant service providers, in order to fulfill our services to you, that are based outside of the EEA – your information and the transfer are protected under the EU-US Privacy Shield framework.
How to access and control your information
Upon request, you will receive information about your personal information stored free of charge.
Furthermore, you have the right to access and update, delete, or, if incorrect, to correct, your personal information.
Any consent given is revocable at any time. Offer opportunities, customer experience surveys, and other marketing emails can also be unsubscribed from via a respective link provided in the email or websites, or by contacting us via email at [email protected].
We will respond to your request to access, update, modify or delete your information within a month. Before we provide you with any information, correct any inaccuracies or delete any information, we will ask you to verify your identity.
You have certain choices available to you when it comes to your personal information. Below is a summary of those choices, how to exercise them, and any limitations.
You have the right to request a copy of your information, to object to our use of your information (including for marketing purposes), to request the deletion or restriction of your information, or to request your information in a structured, electronic format.
Below, we describe the tools and processes for making these requests. You can exercise some of the choices by contacting us at [email protected] to request assistance.
If you have unresolved concerns, you may have the right to complain to a data protection authority in the country where you live, where you work, or where you feel your rights were infringed.
Access and update your information: You can access and update your personal information by sending an email to [email protected] with your request.
Delete your information: You can send us an email at [email protected] or contact us at +41 (0)78 780 10 01 during working hours and request your personal information to be deleted.
By deleting your personal information, your account will be affected and in certain cases, related to ongoing contracts and any applicable obligations, we may not be able to completely process your request, until the contract has been fulfilled. However, we may need to retain certain information for record-keeping purposes, to complete transactions, or to comply with our legal obligations.
Request that we stop using your information: In some cases, you may ask us to stop accessing, storing, using, and otherwise processing your information where you believe we don’t have the appropriate rights to do so. For example, if you believe a customer account was created for you without your permission or you are no longer an active user, you can request that we delete your account as provided in this policy. You can also opt out of our use of your information for marketing purposes by contacting us. When you make such requests, we may need time to investigate and facilitate your request. If there is a delay or dispute as to whether we have the right to continue using your information, we will restrict any further use of your information until the request is honored or the dispute is resolved.
You can always send us an email at [email protected] or contact us at +41 (0)78 780 10 01 during working hours and request us to stop using your personal information.
Opt out of communications: You may opt out of receiving offer opportunities, customer experience surveys, and other marketing emails from us by using the unsubscribe link within each email, updating your email preferences within your MIG Travel customer account settings menu, or contacting us at [email protected]. Even after you opt out from receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive operational messages from us regarding our services.
If you have any concerns or complaints about how you think we’ve handled your personal information, please contact us at [email protected].
We will work hard to investigate and resolve any complaints you might have.
Verification of your information
When we receive any request to access, update, transfer or delete your personal information we will first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your personal information.
Data Breach Notification
MIG Travel will report data breaches to the regulatory authorities within 72 hours of detection to Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC).
All data breaches will be documented internally, regardless of whether it must be reported.
Because we respect your right to privacy, you can choose not to allow some types of cookies. You can change your preferences by clicking Cookie Settings or by contacting us at [email protected]. Blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience of the sites and the services we are able to offer.
What are cookies? Cookies are small text files that are automatically placed on your computer or mobile device when you access a website. The text file is then sent back to our server each time your browser requests a page from the server. This enables us to operate the sites more effectively and load the sites in such a way as to reflect your personal preferences, based on your previous browsing on our websites.
What cookies do we use? When using MIG Travel, details of the session are automatically stored, and this includes the websites visited, the length of stay, through which channels our services were accessed, the name of the accessed website, the file, the date and time of the access, the downloaded files, the notice of a successful request, the browser used as well as the version, the operating system of the user, the URL that referred the user to our services, IP address, and the requesting provider. These data are used, in particular, to analyze, store, and evaluate user behavior and to continuously improve and develop the service.
MIG Travel uses the following cookies:
- Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
- Statistics cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
- Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third-party advertisers.
- Preference cookies enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in.
How do I turn cookies off?
If you do not wish us to install cookies or you don’t agree with how we use these cookies in any way, you can change the settings on your internet browser to reject cookies. For more information please consult the “Help” section of your browser or visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note that if you do set your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of our websites.
MIG Travel uses technological equivalents of cookies, including social media pixels. These pixels allow social media sites to track visitors to outside websites so as to tailor advertising messages users see while visiting that social media website. As one example, www.facebook.com allows companies to include codes that place “pixels” on a user’s web browser when they visit the company’s website. The company can then choose to show advertisements for its products to users who have visited their website while they are subsequently visiting www.facebook.com. MIG Travel uses these pixels in compliance with the policies of the various social media sites. If you want to change your preferences, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] with your request.
Our policy towards children
The MIG Travel services are not directed to individuals under 16. MIG Travel does not knowingly collect personal information from children without parental consent. If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at [email protected].
How you can complain
- If a dispute is not settled then we hope you will agree to attempt to resolve it by engaging in good faith with us in a process of mediation or arbitration.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC).
When we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us.
We use that information to resolve your complaint.
If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact some other person, we may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint. We do this as infrequently as possible, but it is a matter of our sole discretion as to whether we do give information, and if we do, what that information is.
We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person.
Disputes will normally be settled by mutually beneficial discussions between MIG Travel and you. If the matter in dispute cannot be resolved and it becomes a legal dispute then this will fall under the exclusive jurisdiction of the Local/District Court of Switzerland.
To assist in combating fraud, we share information with credit reference agencies, so far as it relates to clients or customers who instruct their credit card issuer to cancel payment to us without having first provided an acceptable reason to us and given us the opportunity to refund their money.